Saturday, November 20, 2010

Not Exactly E.M. Forster

Do you ever read something someone has written and think "That was perfect.  I might as well just hang up my keyboard right now."


That's how I feel about this blog: The Occasional CEO


I have nothing but admiration for good writing - something I hope someday someone will say about my writing (I'm not there yet and not fishing for compliments.  Really).  Really good writing?  Rare, even in the world of 100 million blogs.  


Eric's blog is simultaneously informative, witty, interesting, and smart.  Go read it.  Do not pass go, do not collect $200.00, skip a day of work if you have to.  Fortunately, reading The Marshmallow Test might only make you 5 minutes late to a meeting.  You might even leave the meeting with a promotion.


Why are you still here, anyway? 


And by the way, if you haven't read A Passage To India, by the man this blog post is named after, get thee to a library.  There are a lot of books out there.   Few are perfect.   This one is.





1 comment:

Eric B. Schultz said...

First of all, you need to know that unless your keyboard comes with a little eyehook, and mine did not, you are going to have one horrendous time trying to hang it up. Believe me.

Second, I went to my Google analytics this morning and thought. . What? On a Saturday? Where the heck did all these readers COME from? Now I know.

Thank you, Ms MoneyPenny. You are very kind. And tap a pretty mean keyboard yourself.