Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Interesting News

Michael Burry is in the news again. Yeah, he's the guy from The Big Short. And he's betting on farmland.

Here's what he said to Bloomberg:
“I believe that agriculture land -- productive agricultural land with water on site -- will be very valuable in the future,” Burry, 39, said in a Bloomberg Television interview scheduled for broadcast this morning in New York. “I’ve put a good amount of money into that.”

I'm not a big believer in market oracles. But if ever there was one I believe in, it's Mike Burry. Sure, he's validating my take on future events, so that makes it easier. But this is a guy who studies things obsessively. If he's going in a direction, even if you don't agree with my take on Peak Oil and the economic impacts, watching someone who correctly identified the biggest market failure since 1929 is a worthwhile task.

Just sayin'.

No comments: